Current research projects
- Pain relief in palliative care of cancer using home-based neuromodulation and predictive biomarkers – PAINLESS, a multicenter study, HORIZON-HLTH-2021-DISEASE-04-01.
- A Multicenter Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Minimally Invasive SAIF Vertebral Reconstruction Technique versus Surgical Fixation in Unstable Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fracture, project in collaboration with the Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Neuroradiology, NSI, EOC Lugano.
- The Impact of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on Treatment Outcome after Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery Patients with High Pain Catastrophizing: a Randomized Controlled Trial of CBT vs. Education plus Usual Care (two center study with the Zuyderland Hospital, Heerlen, NL, and Pain Management Center NSI, project in collaboration with the psychology department, Maastricht University, NL. TRIBECA Study.
- Can patient expectations influence pain reduction after epidural injections in patients with low back pain? Single center observational research study to determine the prognostic significance of patient expectations on pain reduction after epidural injections in patients with low back pain and/or leg pain, Sponsor Investigator and Principal Investigator: PD Eva Koetsier.
- Facet Joint Denervation with a Trident Electrode, a Retrospective Observational Study.
- An open label, randomized-controlled trial to assess efficacy and safety of HYALODISC combined with physical exercise program compared to standard care (Physical Exercise Program) in patients with low back pain due to Degenerative Disc Disease. https://clinicaltrials.gov/: NCT04757038
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation for the Management of Intractable Painful Polyneuropathy: A Prospective Case Series.
- A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Efficacy Study of the Gelstix™ Device to treat Chronic Discogenic Low Back Pain (two center study with the Rijnstate Hospital, The Netherlands, and Pain Management Center NSI. Project in collaboration with the neuroradiology department, EOC Lugano, CH
- PREFerred Neurostimulation MODdalities to treat chronic intractable back pain, A 3x3 Crossover Study. Project in collaboration with the Maastricht University.
- Development of the Italian version of Surgical Fear Questionnaire, a Cross-Cultural Adaptation and Assessment of Its Measurement Properties (project in collaboration with the Maastricht University, psychology department.
- Is PECS block equivalent to paravertebral block in preventing postoperative pain after breast surgery? A randomized, controlled, double-blind trial.
- Interaction between intravenous magnesium sulfate and volatile anesthetics compared to propofol. A three-center prospective randomized single-blinded electrophysiological study.
- A Does Intradiscal Glucocorticoid Injection Provide Relief in Lumbar Back Pain? A Systematic review and Meta-Analysis of RCT’s. Project in collaboration with the ortopedic department, Dr. med. Martin Riegger, EOC Lugano, CH.
- Effecti of Pre-operative Expectations on the Outcomes following Spinal Fusion Surgery, a Systematic review.
- Wireless, Implantable Tibial Nerve Stimulator System for the Treatment of Refractory Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis (Stimrouter). Project in collaboration with the neurourology department, EOC Lugano, CH.
- Intravenous Dexamethasone Administration in Patients Undergoing Total Shoulder Arthroplasty.
- A Study to Compare Different Ways of Steroid Administration After Total Knee Implantation.
- This is a Study to Verify if Tranexamic Acid Can Reduce the Anemia After a Femoral Shaft Fractures Surgery.
- Periarticular administration of dexamethasone to improve post-operative pain, function, nausea, hospitalization length, and risk of complications in patients undergoing hip endoprosthesis for osteoarthritis – A randomized trial
- Neuromodulation RELIEF STUDY (A7007), a global registry to evaluate long-term effectiveness of neurostimulation therapy for pain.