Multidisciplinary Unit for the treatment of cancers of the gastroenteric tract (UMTG)
The Unit deals with the diagnosis, treatment and scientific research in the field of neoplasms of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas. From the clinical point of view, multidisciplinarity is the main feature, which allows to achieve maximum effectiveness in the service of the patient, always at the center of the project.
Description of the service
The activity of the Unit is enriched by the consolidated collaborations with other services, such as radiology, gastroenterology, surgery, nuclear medicine, pathological anatomy and molecular diagnostics, which join the medical oncology and radio-oncology IOSI.
The strong point is represented by the regular holding of multidisciplinary discussions (Tumorboard), during which each clinical case is collegially discussed and a shared diagnostic-therapeutic path is proposed and taken care of by the whole group.
Features of the service
The integration between the specializations allows to offer to the patients
- modern diagnostic technologies (endoscopic, radiological, functional imaging, pathology and molecular biology).
- personalized and integrated oncological care (state-of-the-art surgical and interventional techniques, accessibility to the most modern oncological drugs, radiotherapy with sophisticated technologies)
- access to innovative drugs within the framework of national and international clinical trials carried out in-house (IOSI Clinical Research Unit)
- the opportunity to also access other specialist services, such as rehabilitation, nutrition, integrated oncology, symptom treatment, psychological support and genetic counselling
- the opportunity to obtain second opinions (in person or online), if treated in other institutions.
- PD Dr. med. Sara De Dosso
- Dr. med. Maria Carla Valli
- Dr. med. Letizia Deantonio
- Dr. med. Celeste Palmarocchi
- Istituto Imaging della Svizzera Italiana
- Unità di Ricerca Clinica IOSI: PD Dr. A. Stathis
- Servizio di consulenza genetica: Dr. Rossella Graffeo
- Servizi gastroenterologia EOC
- Dipartimento chirurgia EOC
- Istituto Cantonale di Patologia/Laboratorio di biologia molecolare