IOSI Nursing Service
This is the part of our organisation, headed by a nurse, which is responsible for organising and managing the nursing care provided to patients in our care facilities (wards and outpatient clinics). It encompasses various professional roles and functions, both clinical (Experts and Clinical Specialists) and organisational (Management and Local Coordinators).
Philosophy of care
- Definition of an individualised nursing care plan: after the initial assessment, according to the patient's care needs and the treatment plan defined by their doctor, an individualised nursing care plan is drawn up and shared with the patient.
- Basic nursing care: this involves supporting the patient in all activities of daily living which he/she is no longer able to perform on his/her own;
- Specific nursing care: to carry out technical, educational and relational interventions according to the diagnostic, therapeutic and care plan; to prevent or manage possible complications from the disease and/or treatment; to implement the necessary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of the patient;
- Collaboration with other health, social and psychological professionals to ensure continuity of care inside and outside the hospital.
Continuing education and professional development
The Nursing Research and Development Office
- to promote the evolution of professional knowledge through the conception and conduct of research in nursing care;
- to contribute to the training of colleagues with regard to research methodology and, more generally, to the development of the profession;
- to elaborate and/or contribute to the elaboration of professional protocols in an interdisciplinary manner;
- helping professional teams to transfer research findings into clinical practice.