Clinical research is essential and indispensable for continually improving the treatment of breast cancer and making new treatments quickly available to all women who need them. Clinical research covers all areas of breast cancer treatment and seeks to answer outstanding questions.
In the field of drug treatment, we are focusing on:
- Age-adapted chemotherapy in older women.
- New anti-hormonal drugs in pre- and post-menopausal women.
- Immunological therapy in women with triple-negative tumours.
- Radio-metabolic therapy in cases of bone localisation of disease.
IOSI also contributes to the development of:
- Treatment guidelines in young patients.
- Treatment guidelines when the disease recurs.
- Swiss register of young patients.
The research activity is carried out within the framework of the Swiss Clinical Cancer Research Group (SAKK) and the International Breast Cancer Study Group (IBCSG).