If dialysis is necessary, the following treatment choices are available:
Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) or automated peritoneal dialysis (APD, Cycler), with the support of a nursing service that specializes in these techniques
At the center
- Online Hemodiafiltration / Hemodialysis
- Hemodialysis without acetate
- We pay attention to the supervision and care of the fistula and of the catheters, thanks to the presence of a nephrologist with proven experience in interventional nephrology
- Cannulation technique: “traditional” or “buttonhole”.
- Online haemodialysis/haemodiafiltration
- Acetate-free haemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis (CAPD /APD): assistance at the patient’s home is assured.
- Definitive diagnosis and treatment of arterial hypertension including 24-h ambulatory monitoring and consultancy in the case of (pre)eclampsia
- Definitive diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases including kidney biopsy in collaboration with the radiology departments
- Definitive diagnosis and treatment of electrolyte and metabolic disorders
- Definitive diagnosis and prevention of kidney stones
- Assessment of patients with severe kidney failure and preparation for kidney transplant
- Evaluation of patients with advanced kidney disease and preparation for a kidney transplant and/or dialysis treatments
- Monitoring of kidney transplant patients in collaboration with major Swiss university centres
- Specialised team available 24/24 for patients with kidney diseases who go to the Emergency Department
- Nursing consultation on the choice of dialysis method (Peritoneal dialysis / hemodialysis)
- Daily nephrology consultation for patients who require care in a stationary environment, guaranteeing continuity of care.